Okay, so here’s something I’ve wanted to try for a long time – sweet potato oatmeal. Sweet potato wedges, sweet potato burgers and baked sweet potato (which you MUST try with PB, banana and soy yoghurt btw) STEP ASIDE – now I can eat sweet potato for breakfast there is nothing to stop me taking over the world!
Also featured in this post is one of the glorious toppings you can see on that bowl of goodness up there – Wholeplus CHOC COCONUT topper. Wholeplus have a whole range of delicious snacks and toppers and this one in particular is natural, wheat free, dairy free, soy free, AND vegan! It’s made up of dates, coconut, cocoa, flax seed and maca root and it is to DIE for – literally it takes breakfast to a whole new level! It finished off this bowl of oats perfectly. I can also recommend it sprinkled on yoghurt, ice-cream and directly into your mouth.
Okay so, to accompany this sprinkling of chocolatey deliciousness was that bowl of sweet potato oatmeal I was banging on about. If you want to make some for your fine selves you will need:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used soy)
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Peel sweet potato and cut into 1cm cubes
- Boil cubes for 5-10 mins or until you can easily push a fork though the centre
- Drain sweet potato and mash into a pulp
- Add sweet potato pulp to saucepan with all the other ingredients and cook over a medium heat until smooth and creamy (about 7 minutes)
- Transfer to a bowl and top with slices of banana, peanut butter, chocolate sauce, walnuts and Wholeplus Choc Coconut Topper
Check out the Wholeplus website for information on this and LOADS of other delicious toppers, hotpots and bespoke products including bliss balls, bars and squares – serious must-tries!