It is gloriously sunny today and so I’m quickly getting this recipe down so I can head out and enjoy a super summery 10k run (which in reality I will most likely 100% not enjoy because it is TOO DAMN HOT to be enjoying any kind of cardio right now). I have already got the coffee on ice ready for my return.
Raspberry Ripple Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or other natural sweetener
- 3 tbsps coconut or soy yoghurt
- Mash half the banana and add it to a saucepan with the oats, raspberries, milk, water, flaxseed and sweetener
- Cook the mixture over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches the desired consistency (for a consistency that is neither runny nor sticky, this takes around 7 minutes). If the mixture becomes too sticky, add a splash more milk and stir until it thins.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir through the yoghurt with a teaspoon
- Top with the other half of the banana, berries and anything else you fancy – I STRONGLY recommend a few chunks of iChoc’s vegan white chocolate; when that stuff starts to melt…HOLY COW!