I’ve been feeling a little down recently. Maybe it’s something to do with the cold weather or my escalating workload, I don’t know, but I have really been struggling. Keeping myself going through these periods is always difficult, but I find that what really works for me is reminding myself of all the things I love doing and picking one of them to indulge in. Sometimes its buying myself a huge tub of peanut butter, sometimes its going to my favourite cafe and getting the most exotic thing on the menu, sometimes its watching a cheesy movie with my best friend and sometimes its just reading a few pages of my favourite book. Whatever it is, I always find that taking this time for myself helps me get back on track and see a way out of how I’m feeling.
Something else I find really important is starting the day with something positive. Like the most delicious breakfast you could possibly imagine! I mean, it’s hard to be miserable when you’ve got a massive bowl of mocha smoothie staring back at you right? Now, I’m not saying that food is the answer to everything, but…
Right, now that’s out of the way, it’s time for the MOCHA SMOOTHIE BOWL PARTY!!!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 150 ml strong coffee (I used 2 tsps instant coffee dissolved in 150 ml boiling water)
- 1.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 1.5 tbsp agave nectar
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 10g L-glutamine (optional)
- 4-5 icecubes
- Chuck everything in the blender
- Top with more banana, peanut butter, chocolate sauce, coconut flakes, raw chocolate and whatever the hell you want
- Get back into your pyjamas, wrap up in a duvet and enjoy your breakfast in bed
I hope this breakfast makes you as happy as it made me.
Lots of love,