Okay, I snack, A LOT. I mean like, all the time. Well, I eat regular meals of course, but I just cannot survive 5 hours between breakfast and lunch or between lunch and dinner without eating ~ it’s just not possible!
My go-to snacks are fruit, nuts, popcorn, healthy snack bars and homemade bliss balls. Bliss balls are so quick and easy to make, and full of loads of good stuff. What’s more, you know exactly what’s in them and don’t need to worry about any hidden nasty ingredients. I like to use coconut oil in mine as it is excellent for reducing hunger and also makes everything taste deeeelicious!
These coconut snickers bliss balls are inspired by some of the wonderful products produced by Goodyfull ~ a Birmingham-based superfoods company who have been working with loads of lovely insta-bloggers on developing new and exciting wholefood recipes. Goodyfull are also currently selling Goody bags full of superfood treats at a £10 discount ~ head over to their Instagram/website for more info.
Anyway, enough waffle, here’s the deal:
Raw Coconut Snickers Bliss Balls
• 4 medjool dates
• 1/4 cup room temperature coconut oil
• 1 tbsp agave nectar or other sweetener
• 1 tbsp Goodyfull cacao powder
• 1 tbsp Goodyfull coconut flour
• 1/2 cup hazelnuts
• 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
• small amount of desiccated coconut and/or cacao powder for rolling
1. Add all ingredients apart from desiccated coconut to a food processor and blend on high until the mixture starts to come together
2. Role the mixture into 2cm balls in the palm of your hand (mixture should make 10-12 balls)
3. Place small amount of desiccated coconut or cacao powder on a plate and role balls through so that the outside of each is well covered
4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set before eating. Once set keep in the fridge.
5. Enjoy before or after a workout, with a cup of tea or on top of a breakfast smoothie!