I realised it’s been a little while since I’ve hit you guys with a breakfast recipe, I’ve been getting all philosophical and writing about life, the universe and everything and it’s time to get back to basics. Breakfast. (Probably) the most exciting part of my day. Getting those creative juices flowing in the morning has got to be good for your productivity, right? Well, I don’t know, but it sure as hell tastes good.
Today I’m introducing to you a new favourite: Raspberry & Coconut Nice-Cream. I recently bought a HUGE tub of coconut yoghurt to use in a dessert I was making and ended up with over half the tub left – so I just started chucking it in everything! It turns out, it makes the creamiest nice-cream and the most vibrantly coloured smoothie bowls I’ve ever seen (try it in a blueberry smoothie and check out that amazing shade of purple!).
Raspberry & Coconut Nice-Cream
- 3 large bananas (peeled, chopped and frozen overnight)
- 1 cup + ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp. maple syrup or other sweetener
- 2 tbsp. plain coconut yoghurt (I use Coyo)
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- Place your breakfast bowl in the fridge to chill
- Add frozen bananas, 1 cup frozen raspberries, sweetener and coconut yoghurt (as well as protein and flax if you’re using it) to a high-powered blender or food processor and pulse until a crumble starts to form
- Add the coconut milk and blend on constantly on full power, adding a little more milk if necessary, until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. You may need to stop the blender a few times and scrape down the sides to ensure everything is incorporated
- Serve in your chilled bowl topped with ¼ cup frozen raspberries and flaked coconut